It’s unlike me, and it kind of freaks me out. But for the first time in a looong time, I’m ridiculously happy. It’s not 24 hours a day, and I definitely have my down moments. But generally speaking, I’m happy. I smile when I wake up in the mornings. I enjoy taking the bus, train, and then walking to school. I don’t know how to describe this weird phenomenon, so I’m just going to lay out a list for you, of the things that make me happy here. It’s not long, but it’s good.
1. Copenhagen. It’s fucking beautiful, and there’s so much to explore. The buildings are all different but I’ve yet to see one that’s ugly. There are these little antique towns, and these weird little bars, and bikes EVERYWHERE.
2. My host family. So lovely, mellow, and generous. The dogs are crazy and crazy fun too.
3. Scandanavian fashion - it’s weird, but it reminds me of Beloit, and it makes this place feel more like home.
4. My new DIS friends - you guys are the shit and I love you.
5. This place actually makes me want to leave the house and explore. That doesn’t happen to me very often.
6. My Gender Perspectives/Human Rights class. I volunteered to be class rep because the idea that I could have coffee with my professor twice this semester made me SO EXCITED. she’s that cool.
7. 10 shots for 100 DKK deals. They’re everywhere. Plus, you know, other student deals that involve normal things like coffee and pastries.
To sum up, this place is doing wonders for me. I promise I’ll post pictures soon.